Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Best Beauty Buys

My mother is a make-up artist, so naturally I've been obsessed with makeup ever since I was a little girl. Although it was only a couple of years ago that I actually BEGAN wearing makeup on a regular basis. Embracing my feminine side, I started off with a moisturizer, some chapstick, and a swipe of mascara.
After a while and lots of experimenting, I have found the best products that work for my fair skin.

Because my skin is fair, I have redness. To even out my skin tone and adding warmth to my face, I have found that the best concealer is Benefit's Some Kind-A Gorgeous compact. It's a cream to powder concealer that's oil free and matches my skin tone perfectly. I use the 'medium', because this is meant for most skin tones. I steer clear of concealer that's too pale, because it makes me look washed out.
A tip is to go a shade darker (don't over do it!) this way it adds color to your face without looking too fake. 

I am obsessed with blush. I find just a little bit can really add warmth and a healthy glow to your face. Some of my favorites are NARS the multiple in Orgasm, benefit's coralista, and MAC's Cream color blush in Virgin Isle.
Although in the winter I love to be pale with rosy cheeks, in the summer I opt for a bronzer/blush duo. Just blend your favorite bronzer with a hint of blush. This is also a great idea for winter time!


Lastly, I'm constantly trying out new mascaras. I've had my fair share of Chanel, Dior, Clinique, and Estee Lauder Mascaras. I have found that the latter was the best, but Chanel was great as well. The brushes tend to be too large on Dior mascaras.
Honestly, my favorite mascara bar none has got to be Cover Girl Lash Blast in very black. I have received so many compliments with this mascara. It adds so much volume and makes my lashes very black, which really makes my eyes pop out. Sometimes I don't even need to wear liquid liner. 

I love makeup and I'm always trying out different looks when I go out. However, my go to looks are always lots of mascara with liquid liner, a nice pink blush, and nude lips; Or I will go easy on the eyes by adding some goldy-pink eyeshadow, soft pink cheeks and a pink-red lip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment